Friday, April 11, 2008

BigMama's Fashion Fiesta

medium button

So, I am accepting the challege BigMama has thrown at us to show off our "fashion." Whether good or bad, I am opening up my closet and showing you a few of my favorite things.

Caution: Please bear in mind that I am a stay at home mom with a 3 year old... fashion and cute outfits are not always my first grab when I open the closet -- usually it is what is clean, what is comfortable, and won't make my mother cringe with regret everytime she sees me.

I am fortunate to have a birthday that comes around Easter and Springtime each year, so ususally I find myself getting a few new spring things to add to my wardrobe. This year is no different - I have hit Target, Marshalls and Ross as well as JCPenny this year and found some really cute things...

I have learned that I have a bit of shoe obsession this Spring, or maybe it is just that there are so many cute shoes on the market this year - whatever the reason, I found these two pair and just had to have them...aren't they adorable - an so flexible - can be worn with so much!

I also have developed a love of blouses and tops to go with cute pants and skirts this Spring... I found these at Ross - so cute and so easy on the husband's pocketbook! I usually wear them with black pants or my cute white skirt, or even my trouser jeans that I dearly love -- so comfortable and yet a little dressy!

These two skirts are favorties of mine - I lucked up at Target one day and found them on the clearance rack - I have had more compliments on these than anything else in the past year! I pair them with a brown shirt (on the tangerine one) and a black, aqua or white shirt on the other -- so cute!
Springtime is all about skirts and dresses for me -- they are not only comfortable, they are forgiving as well... I have these three dresses that I know I will practically live in this Spring and Summer...
Now here comes the part of the post that will make my mother cringe and while I don't go out in any of these clothes (well, maybe just to the mailbox) I do tend to wear these things more than any other in my closet. After a day of errands, a night on the town(ha - I never have those - just dreaming a bit!) or just a day at home doing household chores - if you came to the door you would most likely see me in one of these shirts and depending on the time - possible paired with the yoga pants or the sleep pants. Sorry, Mom - close your eyes.









Before I close, I think you should all notice that I might have a bit of an obsession with shirts that are about Ireland?? What is that about -- I am 1/2 Irish and I guess it is coming out in my wardrobe choices.... perhaps I need to see someone about this strange phenomena.



Well, there you have if folks, my closet - opened for you to persue! I hope you enjoyed it - I am just excited to be participating in this fun blog festival.

Living Happily Ever After! (apparently in Irish Pride attire!!)
Beverly





2 comments:

Keri said...

I like your dresses!!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Cute dresses! I enjoyed stopping by your blog. I hope you will come and visit my fashion fiesta!