Monday, December 17, 2007

BooMama's Christmas Tour of Homes 2007

WELCOME TO MY HOME!
As you enter, you will hear the new Josh Groban Christmas CD playing in the background. Please start humming I'll Be Home For Christmas...now.

Our first stop will be my Christmas Tree. It is 8 feet tall and a splendid replica of a real tree, if I say so myself. I have an extensive snowman ornament collection, which I started eight years ago and add to each year. Our tree topper is not the traditional star, but a snowman's hat and scarf. I have also added snowflake garland, and red and white ball ornaments to give it some pizazz. There are also corncob pipes cascading throughout and all other types of snow paraphernalia, such as mittens and skis. I love the theme of the tree and the sweetness of the fat, cheery snowman.

My next display is found in my kitchen. It sits atop my antique sideboard, which was an anniversary gift from my husband. Here I have added cheerful mistletoe to our mirror overlooking the sideboard. There is also a small tree, decorated with my newly collected COKE ornaments. I started this collection about 2 years ago. It is still in the growing stages, but I love all the Coke and Santa ornaments in the marketplace these days. I expect this collection to grow and soon live on a much bigger tree in my kitchen. You may also notice the pretty HO HO HO basket. This is where all my Christmas cards go - so if you send me one, it will live here!
Our next festive stop is my fireplace. Here are our stockings, one for each of us and one for our doggie. I have lined the mantle with garland and our stockings hang from the word NOEL. On Christmas Eve we will have a plate of cookies set out on the hearth for Santa. Yummy!

And speaking of refreshments, please take a moment to sample my Fudge Wreath. It is yumo and quick and easy to make. Thanks Rachel Ray!

Five-Minute Fudge Wreath
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray

1 (12-ounce) bag semisweet chocolate morsels 9 ounces (3/4 of a 12-ounce bag) butterscotch morsels 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 (8-ounce) can walnut halves 1/2 cup (a couple of handfuls) currants
8-inch cake pan, lightly greased with softened butter Candied cherries, red and green, for garnish, optional
Place a heavy pot on the stove and preheat it over low heat. Add chips and milk and stir until chips are melted and milk combined. Save the empty condensed milk can. Stir in vanilla and remove fudge from heat. Add nuts and currants and stir in immediately.
Cover empty condensed milk can with plastic food wrap and center it in the greased cake pan. Spoon fudge into pan around can, making sure to recenter can if it drifts.
The fudge will set up almost immediately. Garnish can only be added in the first minute or 2 the fudge is in the pan, so work quickly. Decorate your wreath with "holly" made from cut candied red and green cherries. A wreath left plain can be garnished with a pretty fabric bow when serving. Chill covered in the refrigerator and slice fudge very thin when ready to serve, a little goes a long way.



Well, it seems we have come full circle and arrived back to the foyer. Here I have decorated a treasured family heirloom, my husband's grandmother's vanity with some snowmen and the word JOY!
I hope you have enjoyed the tour. Please feel free to drop in again anytime! Oh - I hear Josh singing I'll Be Home For Christmas once again - WOW - you've been here a long time ! I really think it is time for you to be going... and hey -- leave some fudge for the other guests won't you? Gee Whiz... some people!

Oh well - Merry Christmas to you and yours anyway - have fun as you travel to the next home on the tour.

Merry, Merry!
Beverly

Please leave me a comment - I would love to meet you!










30 comments:

Multi-tasking Mommy said...

WOW! A very unique tree topper--awesome!

Come tour my place if you like:
Circle of Life

Anonymous said...

I love the snowman hat and scarf tree topper! What a fabulous idea for your snowman tree!!

Keetha said...

How fun! I enjoyed visiting. (I'm a fellow Mississippi girl, by the way.)

Wifeof1Momof4 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

What a FUN theme tree . . . I've never seen or heard of anything like that before!!


amanda in taiwan

Miss Patti said...

I think I may try your recipe sounds yummy

Anonymous said...

I feel very priviledged to have received the best tour IN PERSON! Loved our visit and thanks for being such a gracious hostess. Will write later!

Quirky said...

Thanks for the tour. Your home is lovely, and I like the snowman tree!

Hootin Anni said...

I absolutely LOVE the idea for your tree topper!!! How very clever.

I have a slide show for my tour.
I hope you can get connected to view with me, if not, I have a few thumbnail images on my regular blog too.---

My Slide Show Tour

Jenni said...

You have a beautiful home, and I love the top hat on your tree! LOL! TFS!

My Trendy Tykes said...

Everything looks beautiful! I am going to have to try the fudge wreath too.

Linda

ellen b. said...

It was a pleasure to tour your home. Your tree is fantastic and what a fun topper! Blessings...

Amy Martin said...

Wow!! What fun decorations! Thank you for sharing your home with us, it's beautiful. Merry Christmas! ~~Amy

Southern Heart said...

Everything is so pretty, fun, and festive! I love that tree topper! And the recipe sounds wonderful...I have so many good new ones to try this year! Thanks so much for the lovely tour!

Merry Christmas,

Andrea

Heather said...

You have a lovely home. Loved all your Christams decor! Stop by to see me....I'm a MS girl, too!

Unknown said...

Thank you for the tour of your lovely home and view of your beautiful decorations. Your daughter looks like a cutie and it is such a nice chapter of life to have little ones around for Christmas. Have a Merry Christmas, Karen

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Your home is so pretty, and that tree topper is the best!

Thanks for the tour!

Merry Christmas,

Melissa

Meredith said...

Yummy fudge! Your snowman tree is so adorable! Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Your house is always so beautifully decorated for every holiday. I've had the privilege to see the cute snowman tree in person so I just can't wait to check out all these Coke ornaments! Now please you must tell me where is the explanation of these things currants" for cooking challenged . Come on now!!! HELP CIBO!!!!

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Lovely decor, and I especially like the hat and scarf tree-topper! :)

Gretchen said...

I love your Coca-Cola ornaments. Merry Christmas!

jenmom said...

Hey! I'm a Mississippi girl too! I now live in Cape Coral, Florida where my husband serves as associate pastor at our church, but was raised in East Central MS. Where are you?
jenmom1707@yahoo.com

It's a Mom Thing said...

Your decorations are so tasteful and very pretty. I love the tree topper, that's so cute! And your antique sideboard is beautiful. Way to go, hubby!

Keri said...

Beautiful home and decorations. Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

your tree is beautiful! love the topper!

Queen of My Domain said...

I love all your snowmen and your tree. Thanks for letting us visit.

Love Bears All Things said...

Hello, just dropping by from Tennessee. I copied down your recipe. I love the tree. I could probably do one all in Snowmen. I have lots of those, santas and Angels. I have a friend who does a theme tree every year.
Mama Bear

Unknown said...

Nice decorations!!! Have a Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! I love your snowmen theme-cute idea for the top of the tree too. With snowmen, they can stay up way after Christmas. : )

Cherdecor said...

I love the front of your house. . the door is so pretty! Your tree is lovely. Thanks for the fudge recipe. Thank you for sharing your home with us.