Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Questions and Answers for BooMama!

Thank you BooMama! I have been struggling with what to write about this morning and your post got me out of that awful dilemma. For those of you not familiar with BooMama and my hero worship of her blog - click here to learn what all the fuss is about. Let's just say that I came across her blog almost a year ago, I lurked on it and learned and then in September, I became brave enough to start blogging on my own.

BooMama and her blogging friend BigMama (another favorite of mine) have been invited to speak at a conference and are asking their readers for some help in answering bloggity type questions. I will link this back to BooMama and I hope it will be insightful to you, my readers, as well as to my blog hero, BooMama.


1. What part of blogging brings you the most joy and satisfaction? Relationships? Having an outlet for writing? Reading? Commenting? Building your traffic? Something else?

Definitely the outlet for writing. Reading other blogs and developing relationships with other bloggers and my readers rank right up there too. Nothing thrills me more than picking up a new reader! I have "met" so many people through this blogworld. I enjoy reading other blogs, it is a form of inspiration for me and also helps to make me feel that I am not alone in this life... motherhood, parenthood, desperate writerhood! I do it for the joy of it, but seeing my readership increases is a great "high" for me. I'm like everyone else, I still want to be popular, even though high school was years ago!

2. What is the most frustrating part of blogging for you?

Wow, I don't think I have ever thought of any part as "frustrating" but there have been times that I really want to write about something and just could not get the words right - or days like today when I really just wanted to sit and write and no idea was forming. I use blogging as my creative outlet and hobby these days, so it is never frustrating for me, at least not yet!

3. If you had to give someone one piece of advice about blogging, what would it be?
I have given this advice over and over - JUST START! I have several friends who like my blog and often comment on how they wish they could do it too - that is what I tell them. Just Start! Some days you will have a great post and some days it will be awful - but after you have been doing it awhile and can look back on all the posts as a whole, you will see that they all add up to slices of your daily life that you can never get back or replace.

4. What do you know about blogging now that you WISH you had known when you started your blog?

I have learned the hard way that I don't have to blog about every feeling I have or every thought. Some things are better left unsaid, or unblogged about. Earlier this year I was hurt by some circumstances and I used my blog as a way to work out my feelings on the matter - I ended up having to defend that post and put up with a horribly mean commenter, who although tried to be anonymous, was actually a friend and as a result, our relationship is very strained. If I could have known then, I would have never used the post to air such intimate thoughts. I now try to limit it to more happy, positive, uplifting thoughts and stories.

5. What draws you to the blogs you read regularly? What elevates a blog to “daily read” status?
I like to read blogs that are written really well, have humor, are thought provoking, and usually find that they are written by moms in a similar circumstance as myself; home, with a preschooler and just striving to live a godly life. These types make the "daily read" status... always!

Good Luck BooMama and BigMama! I would give anything to be able to be at the conference!!

Living Happily Ever After,
Beverly

No comments: