Monday, March 11, 2013

Tripping Over The Word!


Do you see it? Can you tell what this is?

Let me enlighten you -- it is my Bible...on the floor of my living room. It has been there all week.

I shall back up...I sat in the spot on Sunday...watching the premiere episode of The Bible on the History channel. I kept my BIble handy to quickly reference and keep check on the validity of the Hollywood storytelling. (My thoughts on it will have to wait for another post!)

Anyway...I left the Bible in my spot as the show ended and bedtime ensued. I meant to pick it up -- just didn't get back there that night, and as it turned out - not the next night, or the next one or even the next.  My Bible has sat in the same spot all week.

As I finally found the strength to tidy up the living area and pick it up, it struck me...that my whole family has been tripping over God's Word each and every day of this week. His scriptures have been under our feet, catching us and we tramped through the house, causing us to stumble and right ourselves again and again.

What a word picture. That is exactly how He has worked in my life - over and over again. Placing Himself in strategic points in my path, either through people, or circumstances or yes, even His Word, causing me to stumble and fall on Him, find my peace and my rest and continue on my way.

I was tempted to not move the BIble out of our way, tempted to keep it there, indefinitely, to be a visual reminder to myself and my little tribe of our need for God's Word in the midst of our life.

My mother will be glad to know that my housekeeping better judgment took over and I did move it - placed it on the table by the couch for more investigation at the next Hollywood feature, but the image of the Word in the middle of my floor has been forever blazed on my mind's eye.

God's Word...infalliable, alive and active!

Happy in the moment!
Bev

No comments: