Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Feet!


This is one of the last photos my husband and I took together. Odd, I know. But believe it or not, this is one of my favorite pictures.  We have had a lifetime of photos. Good ones, bad ones, flattering, unflattering, fun, sad, happy, angry. For sure, we documented our life.  But this one... this silly picture I snapped as we laid on our bed watching tv is precious to me.

Feet.  Just the feet of two people that loved each other. No matter what-we did love. We were (I still am!) stubborn. Both of us. We fell in love a long time ago and through some really good times and some really BAD times, that love was always there. I'm no expert - but I have learned a thing or two over the past two and a half decades. You really can't destroy love. You can test it, try it, bend, stretch it out of shape. You can try and run from it, you can be so angry that you forget it for a moment. But destroy love...no. Can't do it.

It is no secret that we had trouble. More than our share. We fought, we got hurt, we hurt each other, we did enough to destroy our love...if it could be destroyed. But God! God put us together and with Him we stuck together. Those feet always found their way back to each other. We were joined together a lifetime ago and only death ripped us apart. Secret plans of the Enemy didn't do it, lies didn't do it, anger didn't do it, alcohol didn't do it, really bad decisions and really foolish choices didn't do it. We were always together - even when those feet were apart...love held us together.

I adore that picture. Toes and feet, mingled together --just like our two lives mingled together, he ended and I began, or I ended and he began. Sometimes it was hard to figure out. I can't count the number of times we watched tv or talked until dawn in this way...it was our thing. I'm so glad I snapped this photo the last time we were able to do this. Somehow, it is more intimate than I really feel comfortable sharing. HE LOVED ME and I LOVED HIM. It was that simple.

So this picture, taken a few weeks before he died, let's me know that no matter what - the love was still there and for me -- it will always be there.

Feet.
Making me smile tonight!

~Beverly

No comments: