Friday, May 9, 2008

WOW - I am kinda Speechless! THANKS TELEFLORA

This was in my "in" box tonight! Apparently, I was not the only one upset. I sent them an email, never, ever, expecting to hear anything from it. So - I guess sometimes it pays to state your opinion. I know many other adoptive moms who joined in with me...

Thanks Teleflora for answering our requests!


Thank you for contacting Teleflora to share your thoughts about the"Teleflora presents America's Favorite Mom" program.

In response to your concerns, Teleflora is immediately changing thename of our "Non-Mom" category to "Adopting Moms." After closerexamination, we can see how this may have been offensive to moms whohave adopted children -- moms who are indeed real moms to theirchildren in every sense of the word. In fact, many of us atTeleflora are "adopting" parents ourselves, including our presidentand owner.

The essence of this category still focuses on agrandparent, neighbor, step mom, or mom to adopted or fosterchildren, each one raising and loving a child.This show of insensitivity on our part was in no way intended and wedeeply apologize for any concern or distress we may have caused. It was always our intent to salute and celebrate all moms.

In closing, all of us at Teleflora would like to offer our sincerestbest wishes to all the many women throughout the world who haveworked so hard and given so much to earn the name "Mom."

Sincerely,
The America's Favorite Mom Team


Happily Ever After,
Beverly

3 comments:

Kelsey S said...

I got this too and was shocked! It is wonderful they changed the name!

Kelsey
mysweetlife.org

The Gang's Momma! said...

I got one too - check my blog for my thoughts on the whole thing!

Have a Happy Mothers' Day!

Kateri said...

Thanks, Beverly, for writing them on our behalf. I am so impressed and glad to see the change made so quickly.
Happy Mother's Day!!

Kateri
www.thefiveofus.typepad.com