Saturday, May 11, 2019

A Musing on Mother's Day!

It's Mother's Day Weekend.

I always wanted to be a mom. I had a good mom -- a great example to follow and it made me want to give that to someone. God gave me Hannah. I am so thankful.

But I have three biological children  - they live in Heaven. I like to think they were there at the gate to meet their daddy when he showed up. It comforts me. I don't know what Heaven is really like; I like to think of it my way. I think God knows me well enough to understand. I think He has gifted me with creativity and doesn't care one bit because  He knows when I get there it will be totally and utterly different from my imagination.(and anyone else who tries to debate me on what it is like!!)  He probably giggles a bit at my small minded projections of what it is truly like. I bet it is beyond ....

But the scene in my head for what tomorrow will be like is this...a pretty day by the sea. Danny and our three younguns playing in the sand, my mom in a beach chair watching it all.  They might even get in a little fishing... a perfect day of celebrating mothers. Maybe God will allow a little pull back of the clouds and they will get to see me. I hope my mom is proud, I hope she knows how much I miss her and wish she were here with me. I hope Danny can see me and Hannah - hanging with the Muni family...his best friend, Tony, taking such extraordinarily good care of his girls. I hope he knows that I've got this. I'm gonna give Hannah the best life I can ... that we are gonna be okay and we are trying to be happy.

I also hope that he is still hobbling around from the beating my mom gave him when he walked through those gates six months ago...about 30 years too soon!

See -- God must get a kick out of my imagination.

Happy Mother's Day to all ---

Living Happily In The Moment!
Bev





No comments: