Friday, October 11, 2019

Letting Go


If 2018 was the year of that  &%$# word, and 2019 has been the year of Grace, this October is the month of Letting Go.

Letting go...
of anger
of sorrow
of heart ache
of sadness
of memories
of lies
of broken promises
of lost dreams
of fear
of feeling unworthy
of wanting to hide
of not living
of not feeling
of not loving
of no peace
of no answers


October was always my favorite month, just like purple was always my favorite color and country music was always my favorite music. These are just a few things that the devil has tried to steal from me over this past year. Not any more.

My great big God has redeemed so much in a year. He has handled every obstacle that Satan has tried to throw in the way. He has overcome the feelings of rage and torment that haunted me. He has placed people in my path at the PERFECT moment to help and heal in ways I just don't know if I will ever be able to express. He has sheltered and provided far beyond what is earthly possible. You may remember from this blog that He gave me back purple.. and I drink from a purple glass each morning just to remind myself.

I'm sitting here on my new deck, drinking in the wonders of this beautiful fall OCTOBER day. The sky is so blue, the birds are chirping, the leaves are crunchy and falling... it is GLORIOUS! But y'all - it is October. The month of horror. The month I have feared and waited on and cowered against. And all I see is happiness and light and peace.

He's given me back October. He's given me back Wednesdays. This past Wednesday came and went without a thought that it was even Wednesday!  He's given me back all that the locusts ate up last year.  Joel 2:25

Amazing!

Is life perfect? Nope. Is it happy all the time? Certainly not. Do I still go down a trail of memories and find myself at the dead end in a heap on the floor? Yes.

BUT GOD... He pulls me through and reminds me of all that He is doing that I cannot see.

BUT GOD!

~beverly

 


No comments: